Audio Trails are creators of location-based digital visitor experiences and learning programmes, for outdoor heritage and wildlife sites (established 2006).
Our main services are:
– Places and Trails web and native (iOS and Android) app platform: fully customisable, location-aware apps with Content Management System
– Audio trails, audio guides, audio tours and oral history projects
– Education and learning programmes – family activity packs, education packs, cross-curricular planning
– Project management – co-ordination of heritage projects
– Interactive heritage trails – physical signage linked to digital content
Audio Trails have an invaluable appreciation of how the physical world and digital technology can work together to tell stories, and have created an iOS and Android heritage app that appeals to both visitors to, and residents of, the city.
Audio Trails have been a wonderful company to work with. I have particularly valued their emphasis on the ‘spirit of place’, adding in subtle layers of sound to help people really feel immersed in the heritage of a particular site.
The experience and ideas that Audio Trails brought to the project and the willingness to go the extra mile to ensure its success, means that they will certainly be invited to pitch for similar projects in the future.
It has been a pleasure working with Audio Trails to create our very own app for the Archbishop’s Palace. Their flexible approach, helpful advice and thoughtful ideas have given us a multimedia tour that encapsulates the aims of the project and provides a fascinating ‘Who’s who’ of the people that shaped the history of Palace.
A MILLION thanks, you’ve done a fantastic job for us. Your amazing support, patience and endeavours created the perfect app!!
As a local boy I was impressed by the range and depth of lesser known places and topics you’ve unearthed. Definitely not the usual run of the mill, to be expected content – well done!” (Discover Derbyshire & Peak District app)