Birmingham Museums Trust (BMT) is currently recruiting a full time Facilities Officer. The successful candidate must have at least 2 years experienced in Facilities Management.
The Facilities Officer’s role is to manage planned, statutory and reactive maintenance. Working as part of a small team, looking after 9 sites in the Birmingham area. Ensuring all associated paperwork and checks are in place prior to work commencing and ensuring work is undertaken safely and to company standards.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Management of external contractors ensuring work is undertaken to a high standard and delivered efficiently and safely including issuing permits to work, health and safety inductions are completed
- Managing planned preventative and reactive maintenance, ensuring relevant statutory, mandatory and ad-hoc maintenance tasks are properly planned, coordinated and delivered in a timely manner.
- Conduct building inspections to access the general condition of buildings and recommend any maintenance required proactively to maintain a high standard.
- Obtaining quotations for work, raising purchase orders, checking and approving invoices.
- Meeting contractors to discuss works, monitoring contractor performance.
- Co-ordinate mechanical and electrical contractors, ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Working closely with stakeholders across each site, ensuring they are kept appraised of works at all times.
- Picking up reactive tasks through a helpdesk, updating through to completion.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Financial budget tracking
- Flexible, ability to work weekends and evenings as requested
- Ability to travel between sites
- Knowledge of listed buildings would be an advantage.
- Working closing with other members of the team, specifically the Facilities Maintenance Technician.
- Liaising with Museum Managers and Landlords on buildings and maintenance issues.
- Liaise and work closely with Conservation staff relating to works affecting the environment.
- As required support building projects and gallery refurbishments.
- Attend meetings with contractors, Landlords and management when required.
- Ensure contractors are vetted to ensure due diligence, including but not limited to inspecting RAMS, obtaining qualifications and insurance documentation.
- Assist in building evacuations or in the event of an emergency.
- Help develop and maintain the company’s asset register
For further information and to apply, please visit the website:
http://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/about/careers where you can read the full Job Description and complete the application form.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted
CLOSE DATE 29TH MARCH 2019