Job Title: Head of Projects
Reporting directly to: Director
Direct Reports: Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Bid Writers and Assistant Project Managers.
Financial Authority: Responsible for ensuring delivery of projects within or below budget
To be responsible for the continued development of the Projects Team, ensuring proﬁtable projects are tendered, won and fulﬁlled in the most cost effective manner, maintaining high quality. To provide and maintain a presence for Factory Settings within the industry with both clients and competitors being at the vanguard of future projects, developments, and initiatives.
1. To ensure the Project Team communicates with all associated departments, incorporating their needs, materials, timelines and schedules into all project plans. To ensure these are recognised and implemented within overall business plan. To provide a weekly status report for Senior Management Team.
2. With the Senior Management Team, to be responsible for business development, growth, and procurement.
3. To ensure compliance in contractual matters relative to Factory Settings, keeping abreast with relevant contractual law. To be responsible for continuous improvement of costing model system, process procedure.
4. To be responsible for review, development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures, processes and improving internal communications. To ensure a consistently high standard of client liaison. To represent Factory Settings at industry events as necessary.
5. To be responsible for the leadership, performance, line management, recruitment, training, development, Appraisal, 1 2 1’s and support of direct reports.
6. With the Senior Management Team to develop and communicate mid to long-term plans for the Company, encompassing project team information.
7. With the Senior Management Team, to prepare, implement, and monitor the annual
budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue ﬂows are maximised and that ﬁxed costs are minimised.
8. With the Senior Management Team to develop, implement and maintain the Company Strategic Plan.
9. To undertake any other reasonable task requested.
Factory Settings Ltd is a leading supplier of specialist design interpretation, fabrication and fit-out, primarily serving clients in the Arts and Heritage sectors. We seek a Head of Projects to lead the Project Management Department based at our workshops & offices in East London.
Managing a team of 7 + full-time staff, with occasional freelance contributors, the Head of Projects will be responsible for the continued development of the Projects team, ensuring profitable projects are tendered for, won, and delivered in a cost-effective manner, maintaining high quality. They will be required to maintain industry level presence for Factory Settings, with clients and competitors, representing the Company at industry events as necessary. With the Senior Management Team, to be responsible for business development, growth, and procurement.
The successful candidate will be incisive, task focused and able to demonstrate:
● Ability to lead the Project Team in communication with all internal departments, incorporating their needs and schedules with the timelines and costs for project plans, ensuring these are aligned with the overall business plan.
● Compliance with contractual matters relative to FSL, keeping abreast of relevant contractual law.
● Ability to develop, review and maintain departmental policies, processes, and procedures, seeking continual improvements in internal communications and cross-departmental cooperation and collaboration. Ensuring consistently high standards of client liaison.
● Leadership of their department, responsible for the department’s performance including recruitment, training, staff development, 121’s and appraisals.
● With the Senior Management Team, development, and communication of mid to long term plans, representing their team’s stake in the Company’s Strategic Plan.
● With the Senior Management Team, preparation, implementation and monitoring of annual budgets, ensuring targets are met and revenue flows maximised whilst minimising fixed costs.
As a Company, we promote continual growth and development of our business, methods, and most importantly people. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to foster development in their department and the individuals within it.
● Salary £60,000 per annum
● Contract: Full time
● Working hours 08:00-17:00 with a 30-minute lunch break. As meets the needs of the business, occasional home working is practiced
● Annual Leave 28 days including Bank Holidays. We close between Christmas & New Year allowing employees additional paid leave.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] noting in your application where you saw the job advertised.
Application deadline is 17th April 2022.
Full job description on our website: https://www.factorysettings.co.uk/vacancies
To help increase cultural diversity in the arts, we particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently underrepresented in the sector.
Regretfully we are unable to respond to every applicant, if there has been no communication from us by the 25th April, your application has not been progressed further on this occasion.