Person Specification: Essential Criteria
1. Two year’s media sales experience in digital advertising
2. Successful sales track record consistently meeting and exceeding targets
3. Working to deadlines and financial targets
4. Researching and identifying new clients to target
5. Identifying and developing new revenue generating ideas and concepts
6. Maintaining and evolving existing relationships to drive repeat business
7. Account management including chasing of copy and artwork
Skills and abilities
9. Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Confident in negotiating, constructing and documenting sales proposals and agreements by ‘phone and email
11. An ability to identify new business opportunities and to build long-term relationships
12. Commercial awareness
13. Creative and strategic thinker
14. Prepared to change and flex to respond to the changing needs of the business and our clients
15. Organised, able to prioritise and to work under pressure without direct supervision
16. Efficient and accurate
17. Self-motivated and driven to deliver results
18. Enthusiastic and pro-active
19. Prioritisation and time management skills
20. Honesty and integrity
21. A good understanding of digital advertising opportunities and trends, including sponsored content
22. Budgets and forecasts
23. Understanding of Google analytics
24. Competent computer skills, IT literate and adept at using new software
25. Knowledge of online advertising sales systems
26. Experience of using CRM databases – we currently use ACT
27. Experience of using WordPress
28. Clean driving license
29. Knowledge of or interest in the cultural sector
Job Description: About us
Museums + Heritage Advisor (M+H Advisor) is a B2B online ‘magazine’ and directory for the cultural sector and sits alongside the sector’s largest event, the Museums + Heritage Show and the iconic Museums + Heritage Awards scheme. M+H Advisor is aimed at professionals working in museums, galleries and heritage visitor attractions and as such carries advertising and sponsorship from companies and suppliers looking to sell products or services into that market. Our company has been firmly established in the cultural sector for over 25 years.
You will be confident, positive, flexible, enthusiastic and driven with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You will be self-motivated but a team-player player too. The right attitude is critical as is proven track-record of online advertising sales and an understanding of digital marketing opportunities. You will be organised and able to manage your own time to ensure deadlines and targets are met. Your verbal and written communication skills must be top-notch.
As Media Sales Executive you will be responsible for hitting targets and maximising advertising revenue across M+H Advisor and on our fortnightly e-newsletters which are distributed to c17000 recipients. This will be done primarily by phone and email direct to clients and will require pro-active thinking and an ability to establish and develop long-term relationships. The role requires a creative and thoughtful approach to the use of advertising space and its relationship to editorial. A key part of your role will be to develop the directory of suppliers by selling enhanced advertising packages.
As our business returns to live events, you may also be required to sell across our portfolio which includes exhibition stands, print advertising and event sponsorship.
If working from home you will be required to attend meetings at the office in Worcester from time to time – the frequency of these will be agreed with you in advance. You will also be required to attend our annual flagship events in London which will includes two overnight stays.
The role provides opportunity for career development for the right person, as a key member of our small but ambitious company.
What you can expect to be doing
• Direct sales by telephone and email to new and existing clients.
• Suggesting new advertising packages and new ways to use advertising space to create additional revenue including sponsorship.
• Developing the existing directory of suppliers to maximise revenue
• Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
• Building a thorough knowledge of the cultural sector and identifying interesting editorial and advertorial opportunities through conversations with your clients.
• Continuously bringing on new clients, actively generating new business and developing profitable relationships with new and existing clients.
• Develop profitable relationships with clients and potential clients by means of telephone and email as well as face-to-face at key sector events including Advisor’s sister event, the Museums + Heritage Show.
• Sending out emails detailing advertising opportunities as well as pitching these by telephone
• Monitoring and analysing competitive media for business leads
• Actively supporting your colleagues in sales and marketing as well as working closely with the site’s editor, as required, to ensure that deadlines are met.
• General client administration – updating database, creating and emailing contracts and invoices and general email communications with clients.
• Ensure client artwork is submitted on time and uploaded to the appropriate spaces
• Publishing client listings within the directory and uploading paid-for editorial to the site, ensuring all deadlines are met and that content is promoted on time and as booked
• Ensure that clients pay in line with the terms and conditions of the sales contract
• Identifying new leads for other opportunities across the business including exhibition stands and events sponsors
• Being a brand ambassador at all times
• Supporting the Director in ensuring that clients pay on time
Apply for this role
Please complete the Application Form and email or post it to Anna Preedy at M+H Media Ltd [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 May 2021
Interviews for successful applicants will be held online