- Lisa Anderson has been appointed interim managing director of Brixton’s The Black Cultural Archives (BCA) and will begin the new role on 6 December, replacing Arike Oke.
Exhibitions and displays
- Opening this Saturday, Fabergé in London: Romance to Revolution at the V&A will be the first major exhibition of the prominent Russian goldsmith. 20 November 2021 – 8 May 2022.
- Paddington: The Story of a Bear, an exhibition which celebrates over 60 years of the literary – and now silver screen – favourite, begins this week at Tullie House. From 20th November 2021.
- The National Army Museum in Chelsea has joined forces with historian, writer, and broadcaster James Holland to present Brothers in Arms, a free, temporary exhibition telling the story of the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry from D-Day o to VE Day. 9 December 2021 – 6 May 2022.
- The Science Museum has opened Ancient Greeks: Science and Wisdom, a free exhibition with rare objects, most of which have never been seen before in the UK alongside scientific research into the ancient civilisation. 17 November 2021 – 5 June 2022
- Tate Modern is to present artist Lubaina Himid’s largest solo exhibition to date, with over 50 works incorporating new paintings, sound work, installation and highlights from across her career in a new dedicated exhibition. 25 November 2021 – 3 July 2022
- Tate Liverpool has announced ‘Radical Landscapes’ a new exhibition of landscape art which will include over 150 works including Ruth Ewan’s immersive installation Back to the Fields 2015-22, and a new commission by artist Davinia-Ann Robinson. May 2022.
- An exhibition exploring the work of John Constable, one of Suffolk’s most famous artists, is set to open at Christchurch Mansion In Ipswich, which will coincide with the 200th anniversary of The Hay Wain, one of Constable’s most famous works. 7 November 2021 – 24th April 2022.
Virtual museums platform Curatours opens debut ‘Museum of Plastic’
Culture Recovery Fund: The museums and heritage sites to win a share of £107m
11 curators share £300,000 through Headley Fellowships and Art Fund
- Browsholme Hall in Lancashire has been named the first Sustainability Award Winner, a new award, from not-for-profit cooperative association Historic Houses.
- Essex tourist attraction and registered charity, Markshall Estate, will mark a milestone birthday this Sunday with special admission pricing and a host of free activities. 21st November 2021.
- BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art has launched a programme of exhibitions and events to celebrate its 20th Anniversary year in 2022.
- The Comic-Con Museum in San Diego has revealed its inaugural exhibits ahead of a soft opening on November 26, which include a history of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry’s work, a PAC-MAN arcade, and a celebration of the cultural legacy of Archie Comics.