- Kavita Puri, an award-winning journalist, executive producer and broadcaster. has been reappointed to the board of the Victoria & Albert Museum. Puri will serve a four year term from 2 July 2022 to 1 July 2026.
- Fiona Pollard and Allan Lambert have been reappointed as VisitEngland Advisory Board Members. Both were first appointed in 2018. Lambert is CEO of Habitat First Group, and Pollard is Director of Heritage Events Ltd and also sits on the boards of The Roman Baths Fondation and The Melton Building Society.
- The Norfolk Tank Museum is set to re-open on 12th April, having closed for the winter. The location in Norfolk will begin its reopening with its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Special on 16th April.
- Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum is set to reopen next week, on the 28th March. The museum’s shop is currently being fitted before the Fife location welcomes back visitors from a temporary closure.
- The Windsor and Royal Borough Museum was opened by The Earl of Wessex this week, 22nd March 2022, alongside the recently relocated Royal Windsor Visitor Information Centre.
- Bletchley Park is to launch what it is calling its largest-ever exhibition, uncovering hidden stories from the height of its wartime operations. the first time in its history, visitors will be able to explore Block A, a newly restored wartime building at the heart of the historic World War Two codebreaking site as part of its ‘The Intelligence Factory’ exhibition. From 28th April 2022.
- Taking Care of Business, a new exhibition shining a light on the central role that migrant entrepreneurs have played in shaping our lives – and Britain – opens on 9th April 2022 at London’s the Migration Museum.
- Young V&A, the rebranded V&A Museum of Childhood, has launched its first online exhibition which will explore how children’s play has been affected by lockdowns.\
Young V&A launches lockdown-focussed online exhibition ahead of reopening
- The National Railway Museum’s upcoming Wonderlab gallery has received a multi-million donation from Yorkshire-based charitable foundation The Liz and Terry Bramall Foundation. The sum is the largest amount to be received by the museum, excluding lottery grants.
National Railway Museum’s upcoming Wonderlab receives multi-million donation
- The Black Country Living Museum in Dudley is set for a major expansion following a £30m investment from the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA),The museum’s ‘Forging Ahead’ project will see the construction of a brand-new visitor welcome centre, learning spaces, industrial quarter, historic town and the creation of around 140 new jobs.
£30m expansion of Black Country Living Museum to create 140 jobs