- A recruitment process is underway for a successor to Bridget McConnell, Chief Executive of Glasgow Life, as she announces her departure. Charitable organisation Glasgow Life looks after 11 museums across the city including The Burrell Collection.
- Taking up a tenancy at Art Fund’s Kings Cross location, Queer Britain – the first national LGBT museum in the UK – is set to open later this year.
- The world’s first museum dedicated to NFTs has opened in Seattle. The NFT Museum claims to be the first art museum and gallery dedicated to ‘crypto art’. Still confused by NFTs? Read our feature, ‘Making sense of NFTs in museums’.
- The Harris, Preston’s museum and art gallery, has received £450,000 in investment to support works to the second-floor galleries of the currently closed museum. The funding comes from The Weston Foundation and the Wolfson Foundation.
- In our latest feature we detail the heritage and museum events planned for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
The heritage and museum events planned for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Black Country Living Museum has been awarded in the “Being Social” category at Arts Council England and the Digital Culture Network’s Digital Culture awards this week. The award recognises the Museum’s work on TikTok, praising their success in increasing awareness and engagement with new audiences.
Back to top