- Local Cirencester museum the Corinium Museum has appointed Dr Katharine Walker as its new museum director. Walker was formerly the Centre Manager at The New Forest Heritage Centre in Lyndhurst.
- The Minister for Culture, Europe and International Development, Neil Gray, announced the appointments of Apphia Campbell, Gemma Gray, James McConville, Professor Katherine Sang and Dawn Thomson as Members of the Board of National Galleries of Scotland (NGS).
- Emma Markiewicz has been appointed as the new Director of the London Metropolitan Archives (LMA).
- Dubai’s Museum of the Future, set inside an iconic eye-shaped building under construction since 2016, is set to open February 2022, it has been announced.
- The Powell-Cotton Museum in Birchington is set to reopen tomorrow (12th February 2022) after closing for almost two years in September 2020, spurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, and a move to better incorporate societal inequality into its narratives.
- Imperial War Museum London is to begin the creation of new art, film and photography galleries at IWM London, opening to the public in late 2023. The multi-million pound new galleries, named The Blavatnik Art, Film and Photography Galleries, have been predominantly funded by a Blavatnik Family Foundation.
IWM announces multi-million pound Art, Film and Photography Galleries
- Beamish Museum is set to open a 1950s terrace at the end of the month, the latest step in its ‘Remaking Beamish’ project. The new area, named Front Street, will feature John’s Café, a recreation of the popular café from Wingate, County Durham.
Beamish Museum to open 1950s Terrace as part of ‘Remaking Beamish’ project
- The Shetland Museum and Archives has now reopened after a heating system fault caused it to close in late December 2022.
Back to top