- The National Football Museum has appointed John Brewer, former FA Head of Human Performance, as new Chair of Trustees following the resignation of his predecessor Ian Penrose.
- Sir Patrick Vallance, the Government Chief Scientific Adviser is to become the next Chairman of the Natural History Museum.
Sir Patrick Vallance to become Chairman of Natural History Museum
- Tony Simpson and Liam Darbon have been announced as new Trustees of the Birmingham Museums Trust Board.
- Anya Hindmarch CBE, Danny Rimer OBE, Howard Shore, Kwame Kwei-Armah OBE and Lord Ed Vaizey have been appointed as Trustees of the Tate
- Diana Berry, Dounia Nadar and James Lambert OBE have been appointed as Trustees of the National Gallery
Top Boris Johnson donor among latest Trustees appointed at Tate and National Gallery
- To mark World Cancer Day the Science Museum has announced a major free exhibition on the treatment and understanding of cancer. Cancer Revolution will opne opening on 25 May 2022. Object will include the recent discovery of the first malignant bone tumour to be identified in a dinosaur fossil and a cast from the 1950s developed to hold radium seeds for skin cancer treatment.
- To celebrate the historic manufacturing of LEGO bricks in Wrexham, Wrexham Museum will be hosting ‘Brick Built’, a touring exhibition by Warren Elsmore featuring his team’s models of famous buildings, monuments and structures made from LEGO bricks. The exhibition will include Warren’s LEGO museum containing models and products from the early years of the company up to the present day. Brick Built: Landmarks in LEGO® bricks will be on show from 18th February until – 7th May 2022.
- Netflix and the Design Museum have announced a new partnership which will see the streaming service celebrate its 10th year operating in the UK with an exhibition on its ‘design philosophy’.
Design Museum and Netflix partner on exhibition of the streaming service
- Advisor details the museum events planned for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
The heritage and museum events planned for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee