Purpose of Role
As part of the Senior Executive Team the Head of Visitor Attraction is an important leadership role within the organisation and will contribute to the strategic development of all the aspects of the business. Specific responsibility to lead, manage and develop the Visitor Attraction Department, with an emphasis on sharing the heritage of the story we have been entrusted to tell, creating authentic customer experiences and exceptional customer engagement to maintain Titanic Belfast as one of the World’s Leading Visitor Attractions.
A robust benefits package includes generous incremental holiday allowances and company sick pay scheme, private health insurance, employee assistance programme and a range of benefits and discounts with partner organisations.
Overview of Role
The Head of Visitor Attraction will be a champion of the Titanic Story, they will work with the wider Visitor Attraction Team on all aspects of the Visitor Attraction (including SS Nomadic) to ensure the guest experience is aligned with the heritage values of both our collection of artefacts and stories.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To oversee the smooth running of all aspects of Visitor Reception, Visitor Experience, Events and Learning & Outreach offerings in line with pre-agreed Standard Operating Processes and KPI’s • To ensure that all activities within the areas of responsibilities are planned around the requirements of our customers and the needs of the business in line with the overall Titanic Belfast business plan and Seasonal Planning Calendar • To work with the Commercial Director and key stakeholders in the creative development of all Visitor Attraction Products including Learning, benchmarking against the world’s leading visitor attractions and museums • Responsibility for the Licensing / Relicensing of Artefacts within the Galleries and onboard SS Nomadic • Relationship Management with Lenders and those supporting the business with protecting heritage assets for example – Paper Conservator • To play a key role in the research, development and implementation of the Gallery Refreshment programme to further enhance the visitor experience and maintain visitor targets. • As part of the Gallery Refreshment project – research, development and implementation of a new interactive guide • Work to develop new creative content and activities allowing our new and existing audiences immerse themselves in the Titanic story • On a curatorial level develop partnerships with key stakeholders such as PRONI (Public Record Office of Northern Ireland), National Museums Northern Ireland, Maritime Belfast Trust
• Working with the Learning & Outreach Officer to develop the offering and support delivery of the overall learning programme
• Development and delivery of an ad hoc events programme to support the culture and ethos of the business
• To work with the Visitor Attraction Engineer in terms of identifying and proposing new technologies both within the Galleries and for events.
• To work with the Visitor Attraction Engineer and the Facilities Manager in providing the correct environmental conditions for Artefacts.
• To oversee the fulfilment and delivery of the predetermined events strategy that supports and adds value to the Visitor Attraction, whether in house or via a 3rd party. • Ensure service, building and staff presentation and delivery standard levels across Visitor Attraction in both Titanic Belfast and onboard SS Nomadic are of a consistently excellent standard.
• Working the Head of Operations and Customer Engagement team reviewing customer feedback, responding to queries or complaints where required and taking actions to address any issues identified.
• In conjunction with the Director of Operations and Head of Operations develop and implement a strategy to achieve an Access Excellence Model which would include the achievement of Specific Disability Charters
• Implementation of the Access Excellence Model ensuring Titanic Belfast have a world class accessibility offering within the Visitor Attraction
• To monitor and review all Visitor Attraction standard operating policies and risk assessments on an on-going basis.
• To be part of the Visitor Attraction Duty Management Team
• To have direct line management responsibility for the leaders of the Visitor Experience, Visitor Reception, Duty & Events and Learning & Outreach teams.
• Monitor work performance, attendance / timekeeping, annualised hours and general discipline of all management and staff in the Department
• To support in the development and delivery of training to help our Crew bring our stories and galleries to life
• To be responsible for and monitor the overall Visitor Attraction Budget which includes Visitor Reception, Visitor Experience, Duty & Events and Learning & Outreach
• To provide challenge to section budget holders within your department to ensure financial compliance, maximise financial resources and analyse all variances and discrepancies accordingly
• To represent the Visitor Attraction Departments at Senior Executive Team Meetings • As a member of the Senior Executive Team you will be expected to support the following cross departmental business initiatives, and will be responsible for the implementation in all Visitor Attraction departments: – To contribute to the organisations business planning process – To contribute to the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan – Quality Standard Accreditations – Seasonal Planning Calendar – Capital Investment Programme – To take part in recruitment and staff performance reviews
• As a line manager, ensure your interactions with and the management of your team are of the very highest professional standards and in line with the culture and standards of the organisation.
• Proactive and positive approach to embracing and being compliant to organisational Health and Safety Culture
• To undertake your duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Titanic Belfast and TBL International
• Ensure adherence to and compliance with all GDPR/Data Protection related policies and procedures
• To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
• A 3rd level qualification in a business related disciplinary and 3 years’ experience at a senior management level within a visitor attraction, museum or arts venue or 5 years experience at a senior management level within a visitor attraction, museum or arts venue
• Proven experience of development and implementation of high-quality customer experiences in a commercial venue such as a visitor attraction or museum • Proven experience of managing a team day-to-day including performance management and team development • Proven experience of managing budgets and accounts and setting and achieving financial and Customer service KPI’s • Proficient in the use of IT
• Good knowledge of the local leisure and tourism sectors • Passion and enthusiasm for the Titanic Story • Experience in or knowledge of collections management
• Passion for Heritage and its preservation
• Ability to lead a team in a highly pressurised environment
• Highly motivated and innovative
• Ability to manage difficult situations and ensure business continuity
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise workload and manage deadlines
• Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
• An effective team leader and team player
• Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary, to assist with shortlisting.
HOURS OF WORK
Normal working hours are 40 hours per week. The specifics of the working hours will be discussed and agreed in advance of starting but would be predominantly Monday – Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends will be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
The leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Annual leave entitlement is 22 days per year pro rata, with an additional 9 customary public holidays. After 5 years of continual service annual leave entitlement increases.
Titanic Belfast operates a Staff Pension Scheme with employer contributions.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS • Competitive Salary • Free secure car parking • Flexible working policy • Fully paid uniform. • Company sick pay scheme • Eye care scheme • Winter flu vaccination scheme • Subsidised development opportunities • Employee assistance programme with emotional, finance and legal support. • Staff pension scheme with employer contributions • Staff discounts
How to Apply
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Applications will only be accepted via online application using the application portal tblinterna tional.getgotjobs.co.uk
Alternative methods of application are available if you have a disability and cannot complete using the online method. Please email [email protected] or contact 028 9076 6369 for further details.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 8am on Wednesday 1st December 2021. Applications will not be accepted if you do not meet this deadline.
NEXT STAGES AND TIMELINE
Following the shortlisting process, for successful applicants the following mandatory dates will apply:
1st Interview – Monday 6th December 2021 (this will take place via Zoom)
2nd Interview – Monday 13th December 2021 (this will be in person)
Notes to Applicants
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES • TBL International is an Equal Opportunities employer • To ensure that TBL International is meeting our Equality of Opportunity obligations, we monitor the composition of our staff and applicants. • Please complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form through the portal as part of the application process.
ACCESSIBILITY • TBL International prides itself in making its employment opportunities accessible to all. • If you have a disability relevant to the position for which you are applying, please contact [email protected] so we can make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate you during the application and assessment/interview process. • If successfully appointed, reasonable adjustments and support measures will be put in place to assist you in completing the duties of the post.
SELECTION PROCESS • You should ensure that you provide clear evidence of your experience on your application form, giving length of experience, examples and dates as required. • TBL International will not make assumptions from the title of the applicant’s post as to the skills and experience gained. This is also applicable to internal candidates. • A shortlist of candidates for assessment centre or interview will be selected on the basis of the information contained in the application. • Candidates should clearly demonstrate how and to what extent they satisfy each of the essential and desirable criteria outlined. • Only those candidates who, from the information supplied on the application form, most closely match the selection criteria for the post will be shortlisted. • CV’s will not normally be accepted. • In exceptional circumstances, TBL International will make reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants who are unavailable on the specified interview date, but it is under no obligation to do so. Assessment Centre dates specified are not flexible. • The panel’s decision at every stage of the selection process is final. • Canvassing in any form is not allowed.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CHECKS Prior to taking up duty the person recommended for appointment must: • Enter into an agreement which sets out the main terms and conditions of employment. • Provide evidence of the right to work and reside in the UK via a passport and proof of a national insurance number (for example national insurance card, P45 or payslip). • Produce official evidence of your qualifications as required. • This appointment will be subject to TBL International receiving satisfactory work/professional/formal academic references.
FEEDBACK • Due to the high volume of applications received, TBL International is not always able to provide individual feedback on why applications have been unsuccessful at shortlist stage. • Following assessment/interview stage feedback can be provided, by request, once the recruitment process is complete.
JOB PRIVACY NOTICE • TBL International is the Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) for the personal data it processes relating to job applicants. • Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm an applicant’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. • In some cases, we will also need to process your data to ensure it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, for equal opportunities purposes, to check qualifications and to check applicants’ eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts. • All data relating to job applicants is held for no longer than is required. • If you require further information about how we are processing your personal data, you can contact us by emailing [email protected]