Copsewood Editorial is managed by Amanda Kay who has over 25 years’ experience of working in a publishing environment. Freelance since 2005, Amanda has particular expertise in copy-editing and proofreading academic and non-fiction books, newsletters, guidebooks, brochures, marketing materials and websites. She also has experience of writing articles, reports and visitor guidebooks.
Clients include: Coventry City of Culture Trust; Cambridge University Press; Routledge; Palgrave Macmillan; Jarrold Publishing; and the Churches Conservation Trust.
Amanda is a Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders and abides by their Code of Practice. She is also a member of the Museums Association and a trustee of the Medieval Coventry charity, finalist of the 2019 Historic England Heritage Angels Awards in the Best Heritage Research, Interpretation or Recording category.
The combination of Amanda’s editorial experience with her specialist qualifications and work background makes her especially suited to meeting the publishing needs of the museums, heritage, arts, travel and academic sectors.
- Copsewood Editorial Services Ltd: Director
- ContinYou (formerly Community Education Development Centre): Publications Officer and Web Editor
- Page & Moy Ltd: Brochure Production Executive for Page & Moy Tours, including art, architecture and history tours, and National Trust travel
- Medieval Coventry charity: Self-guided digital tours of medieval Coventry (in progress): Project leader
- Drapers Hall, Coventry, ‘Royal Women of Influence’ exhibition 2018, which attracted over 2,000 visitors during Heritage Open Days: Project manager for editorial process; copy-editor/proofreader for exhibition text
- Churches Conservation Trust: Copywriter for five guidebooks
- ‘Pollard’s Trail’, interactive community-based history trail, Triangle Theatre company and The Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry: PR consultant
- Chedham’s Yard, Warwickshire, winner of BBC Restoration Village, 2006: Website editor and historical researcher (voluntary)
- Manchester Jewish Museum: Photographic Collections Officer
- Quarry Bank Mill, National Trust: Resource Bank Assistant
- Salford and Trafford Groundwork Trust: Researcher and writer for town trails and outdoor interpretation panels.
- LDA Associates (for Cumbria Museums Service): Documentation Officer
- Leicestershire Museums Service: Oral history researcher, diploma course placement
- Gladstone Pottery Museum, Longton: Degree course placement.
View my LinkedIn page here.