Marcon is an award-winning fit-out contractor with an enviable track record within the museum/heritage sector.
Operating across the UK and Ireland we have been involved with the opening of many high-profile museums, exhibitions, visitor attractions, cultural and interpretive centres.
We have a proven track record in the fabrication and installation of high-quality exhibitions and have delivered contract design elements, general fit-out and manufacture and installation of display structures.
Our scope of works incorporates bespoke joinery and metalwork, graphics production, mount making, interactives, AV hardware integration, exhibition specific lighting and display cases.
Our in-house joinery manufacturing facility allows us to control the high quality of our bespoke joinery items. We have become a benchmark for several clients as to how they judge the quality of joinery work from their contractor base.
Below is a list of some recently completed museum/heritage projects:
• Bletchley Park The Intelligence Factory Exhibition, Milton Keynes (Design and build with Ralph Appelbaum Associates)
• National Famine Museum Strokestown Park Exhibition fit out, Roscommon (Tandem)
• Blasket Island Visitor Centre Exhibition fit out, Dingle (Bright)
• Scapa flow Museum fit out, Orkney Island of Hoy (Studio MB)
• Ceide Fields Visitor Centre Exhibition fit out, Mayo (Tandem)
• HMS Victory Gallery fit out, Portsmouth (Design and Build with Haley Sharpe Design)
• The Spanish Gallery Fit out, Bishop Auckland (Studio MB)
• Ballycopeland Windmill Exhibition Fit out, Northern Ireland (Tandem)
• Titanic Belfast Gallery Fit-Out – Crowned World’s Leading Tourist Attraction at the World Travel Awards in 2016.
• Tullamore D.E.W Distillery Visitor Experience, Offlay (Drinksology)
• Museum of Literature Ireland fit out Dublin, (Ralph Appelbaum Associates)
• Biggin Hill Memorial Museum fit out, London – (g2)
• Killarney House, Exhibition fit out – (Bright)
• Belfast City Hall Visitor Exhibition (Redhead)
• Tropical Ravine, Botanic Gardens, Belfast (Houghton Kneale Design)
• Whitby Abbey Site Improvement and Re-interpretation project, Newcastle (Drinkall Dean)
• Kylemore Abbey Visitor Exhibition fit out, Connemara (Bright)
• American Air Museum Redevelopment, IWM Duxford (Redman Design)
• The Sill Landscape Discovery Centre, Northumberland (Bright)
“Marcon could not have been more helpful or agreeable to work with. The quality of workmanship has been high, and the standard of construction has been excellent. I would not hesitate to award Marcon further contracts in the future and fully recommend them as a professional and amenable museum fit out contractor.”
“Marcon were engaged by OPDAC (a joint venture company between ESB and Bord na Móna) as the fit-out contractor for the Oweninny Visitor Centre, in North Co Mayo.
I can say for a start that the Marcon team were a pleasure to work with and they demonstrated a great can-do work attitude and were very much solution focused throughout the project. The team was a credit to Marcon, and we are very appreciative of the excellent work and effort that they put in to achieve what we consider to be a stand out exhibition.”
“Marcon Fitout worked as sub-contractors to Ralph Appelbaum Associates (London) on the build and installation of all exhibitions at the new Museum of Literature Ireland. Marcon’s work was exemplary throughout the preopening period, and afterward. Their craftsmanship, attention to detail and understanding of complex and bespoke design instruction is second-to-none, and the museum continues to receive regular compliments on the quality of the
exhibition fit-out. Throughout the process, the Marcon team were consumate professionals.
As well as being extremely flexible, solution-oriented, and tightly focused on project deadlines and budgets, they were – perhaps most importantly – extremely easy to work with, and consistently positive in their outlook throughout what was a complex and challenging project.”
“Marcon’s Project Manager and Site Foreman were excellent to work with, and approachable at all times, responding to queries and requests in an appropriate and prompt manner.
The Visit Derry Project produced a new state of the art Visitor Information centre in the ‘Heart of the City’ that was finished to the highest standards thanks to the top-quality workmanship of the Marcon team.”