- The Museum of London has today announced that The Prince of Wales has become its Patron. The Patronage follows His Royal Highness’s visit to the museum’s future home in West Smithfield earlier last year.
- The Story Museum has welcomed two new trustees to its Board this month. Katherine Josselyn, Publicity & Comms Director/Head of Campaigns at Penguin Random House and James Catchpole, literary agent at Children’s literary agency The Catchpole Agency.
- For a round-up of the most recent openings set for 2022, read Advisor’s latest feature about what to expect from the year ahead.
- The BBC is to make 100 of its most recognisable objects part of an online collection marking the corporation’s 2022 centenary. ‘100 objects’ is one of three online collections, which also includes ‘100 Faces’, a collection of photographs from the BBC archive and ‘100 Voices’, an oral history collection.
- Originally due to end in January 2022, the immersive Van Gough exhibition at Manchester’s MediaCity is to run for an additional month until 27th February 2022.
- Nominees for The European Museum of the Year Awards 2022 have been announced. Among the 59 museums are UK museums Aberdeen Art Gallery, The Box in Plymouth, the National Maritime Museum, and Science Museum, Medicine: The Wellcome Galleries.
- A damehood and knighthood are among the New Years Honours given to individuals in the museum and heritage sector.
- ‘Tunnelling through Time’, The Brunel Musuem’s online escape room adventure, has won Best Online Game at the 2021 Bullseye Awards.
- The Royal Society’s Places of Science scheme hopes to encourage museums with fewer than 65,000 visitors to inspire a scientific interest at a local level.
Subscribe to the Museums + Heritage Advisor newsletter